Whether by birth, injury, or dental decay missing teeth can be replaced by titanium dental implants. Dental implants are surgically inserted into the jaw’s bone where they serve as an anchor for artificial teeth to restore function, esthetics, and occlusion. Though there are a number of other ways to replace missing teeth, dental implants are by far the most effective, long-lasting and closest replacement to the natural tooth.
Dental implants can be used as a stand-alone tooth replacement or in combination with other dental work such as crowns, bridges and removable prosthetics. Thanks to modern dentistry, we can insert implants without having to wear down neighboring teeth for a fixed bridge. More often than not, dental implants are the best option for those looking to replace teeth.
Over time, it’s normal for our dental health to fall into decline due to outside factors. Our everyday habits, such as a morning cup of coffee, to more extreme occurrences, such as chipping a tooth, directly contribute to our teeth’s natural decline. Regular dental check-ups and daily maintenance help slow the decay of teeth, but sometimes the deterioration of our tooth structures results in the loss of the tooth. Dental implants are a common procedure to treat tooth loss and performed in our Pompano Beach and Ft. Lauderdale area office on a regular basis.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Gingivitis, injury and decay leave millions of Americans suffering from tooth loss each year. Studies have shown that titanium implants create a strong foundation for replacement teeth, whether the tooth placed on a permanent or temporary basis. Implants have come a long way since their initial introduction and are made to match your natural teeth. They look so natural no one – even you – won’t be able to tell the difference.
Made up of titanium and biocompatible materials, much like those that make up hip and orthopedic implants, dental implants function as an anchor to support crowns, bridges and dentures. There are many benefits to dental implants including
- Function: Function both aesthetically and functionally like natural teeth
- No adhesive: Eliminate the need for adhesive glue to anchor the tooth prosthetic
- Improved self-esteem: Increased self-esteem shows through the improved appearance of your smile
- Improved taste: Implants actually enhance the taste of your food. Since they eliiminate the need for additional plastics in your mouth, you are left to better enjoy the taste of your food
- Maintain bone structure: Dental implants maintain the integrity of bone and facial structures to reduce facial cosmetic changes
There are many more benefits to dental implants. Dr. Berger and Dr. Cohen invite you in for an in-depth consultation with you to evaluate your specific dentistry needs and discuss your options.